You are a small business and you need a website. It needs to be professional, attractive and reflect your unique brand and style. It needs to have compelling copy that both explains what you offer and helps clients see how your product or service will serve their needs. AND as a small business, you don’t have an unlimited budget of time and money to spend on a website!
I can help! I have created a streamlined process to design and develop WordPress websites. I collaborate with writers and editors to create compelling content and memorable, functional sites.
As established professionals, we have seen situations in which people often get bogged down: They struggle to get the copy written and the project lags; they fail to use their resources strategically and over-spend in time or money; they leave the development process not knowing how to update their website.
In contrast to those woes, we use a streamlined website development process that delivers high-quality work at a low project cost and in a timely manner.
We are offering three packages:
In our Professional and Professional Plus Packages, you get:
- A professional and attractive WordPress website that reflects your style and brand.
- Compelling copy for enough pages to get your site launched.
- Training so that you leave knowing how to update your own website.
Also included with each package:
- Basic guidelines for making your site SEO friendly, plus marketing and business guidance we have accrued in our years as entrepreneurs.
- A 10% discount for the first year on the group-tutoring workshop called WordPress Work Studies.
The Professional Package
This package is for businesses that want a professional-but-basic website. Besides content pages such as “About Me” or the “Home Page,” the site can also include a blog and other basic functionality such as social-media links, social-media sharing functionality and links to mailing list signup such as MailChimp.
A detailed look at what the Professional Package includes:
- Site Setup
- Theme Customization: We begin the process with a choice of four different themes (design templates). Within each of these themes are endless ways to make this website your own. We can choose between the different layout choices within a theme, choose from more than 25 fonts, and add your own images and color schemes. Items can be further customized via changing the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). The Theme Customization of this package allows for:
- Choice of 4 theme templates
- 4 hours of custom style-sheet coding
- 2 hours of image-manipulation work
- Copy: Up to five web pages or 1,200 words of copy, written by our partnering copywriter and editor. In our experience, this is enough to you launch your website. Keep in mind you will be able to easily add pages to your website after it is launched. This process includes up to two hours of phone interviews that result in an initial draft with one review by you, one round of revisions, and your final approval of the revised content.
- Training: 2 hours of individualized WordPress training
Cost: $1,000: $600 for website development and $400 for copy. Logo design is not included in the package but is available. Also not included is the cost of the WordPress hosting package.
This website package is for those who need a little more from their website. In this package, we will be self-hosting. When you self-host, you have whole libraries of plugins (apps) available to you, and much more design control. You also have the added responsibility of things such as security and backups.
In this package, we have broadened the design possibilities and customization, increased the amount of copy, allowed for extra functionality such as e-commerce and have taken the extra steps needed to make sure your website is secure.
This package includes:
- Site Setup: This includes installation and setup of the site and security, backup, basic site statistics and SEO plugins.
- Theme Customization: We will begin the process with a choice between six different themes (design templates). Within each of these themes are endless ways to make this website your own. We can choose between the different layout choices within a theme, choose from hundreds of fonts and add your own images and color schemes. Items can be further customized via changing the CSS. This package allows for:
- Choice of 6 themes templates
- 6 hours of custom style-sheet coding
- 2 hours of image-manipulation work
- Copy: Up to nine web pages or up to 1,600 words, written by a professional copywriter and editor. This process includes up to three hours of phone interviews that result in an initial draft, with one review by you, one round of revisions, and your final approval of the revised content.
- Training: 2 hours of personal training
- Added Functionality/Plugins: Self-hosting allows you to extend the website functionality through plugins. With the installation, I will install the basic plugins needed for backups, security, SEO and basic site statistics. Also included are social-media sharing and linking, connection to a MailChimp mailing list and a Contact Us form. This package also allows for the setup of two additional plugins. These might be shopping cart functionality, event listings, e-book setup or something else.
Cost: $1,600: $1,000 for website development and $600 for copy.
- Logo design is not included in the package but is available.
- Cost of hosting (typically, somewhere around $100 a year) and any premium plugins not included in cost.
Client Expectation for the Professional and Professional-Plus Packages: These packages are meant to be a strategic partnership between the client and the developer. The client is expected to be a willing to partner in the design process, helping to pick out appropriate images and also, with guidance, populating the website, which is an important step in the training process.
With WordPress, the sky is the limit. WordPress is an open-source web platform which means that we take a copy of it and download it. This means anything can be changed or re-written. There are thousands of themes to choose from. And as someone who knows CSS and PHP, I am able to help you choose a theme and completely customize it. Likewise, the writers with whom I collaborate can help you create and edit copy, and design logos.
The hourly rate for all work is $50. A lot depends on what you are trying to accomplish. But projects with full customization tend to require as few as 25 hours to upward of 60 hours.